Olive Trees

The Nocellara del Belice Olive Cultivar
The distinctive characteristic of Kothon is that it is a pure, 100% single-variety Extra Virgin Olive Oil, entirely extracted from only one Olive Cultivar: the so-called Nocellara del Belice.
Over 95% of the olive trees cultivated in our land are Nocellara del Belice, with a remaining 5% cultivated with Palermitana, Biancolilla and Giraffa Olive Cultivars, whose crop are kept separated from those destined to the Kothon production. Their presence in the fields is however extremely useful, as the Nocellara del Belice reproduction can only happen through pollination from different olive tree varieties.
The Nocellara del Belice is considered one the best Italian olives, among the few recognized with the “DOP” labelling, the Italian quality assurance designation, both for its consumption as table olive and for the production of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

OLIO KOTHON Contrada Belice di Mare, 612 Selinute (Castelvetrano – TP)  +39 349 52 79 021


Designed by Eya Computer